Here's a recipe for biscuits full of the flavour of strawberries and cream. You can use 100g of any flavourings of your choice to ring the changes, the possibilities are endless.
These don't look elegant, but they taste great and they're really easy to make, what's not to like?
Equipment - 3 baking sheets, greased
125g unsalted butter
100g golden caster sugar
50g light muscovado sugar
1 medium free range egg
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
175g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g dried strawberries, chopped
50g white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 190C / 375F / gas 5
2. Gently heat butter in a pan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in sugars.
4. Beat the egg with vanilla paste and stir into butter and sugar.
5. Sift flour and baking powder into the mixture and mix thoroughly. If the mix is too runny add a little more flour.
6. Stir in strawberries and chocolate chips.
7. Spoon round blobs onto baking trays, placing well apart as they do spread and bake for 10-12 mins.
8. Remove from trays using a fish slice and leave to cool on wire racks.